MONDAY, APRIL 20TH
Today's session will be in The Gold Standard B room at Hotel ZaZa
FOUNDER, IGNITION COUNSULTING GROUP
When a procurement professional walks into a pricing negotiation with an agency, they’re very well-armed. Representing the agency is an executive trained in client service, often accompanied by someone from finance. But a background in marketing and accounting is hardly the same thing as deep expertise price negotiation strategies.
Pitting these professional buyers against amateur sellers creates a serious mismatch. Agency executives are skilled in their craft of marketing communications, but they are woefully unprepared to craft progressive pricing strategies and present them effectively to professional buyers.
To make this unfair fight even worse, agency professionals put themselves in the submissive position of defending their costs instead of selling their value. Instead of playing to win, they are playing not to lose. The agencies that understand they are in the business of selling solutions to business problems, not filling production orders, have devoted the brainpower and firepower to making pricing (not costing) a core competency.
In this session Tim will explore the following critical concepts:
- How to meet the tactics of predictable professional buyers with the proven practices of professional sellers.
- How to employ the principles of pricing psychology when dealing with client buyers, including always offering options.
- How to keep client buyers focused on value instead of cost, thereby negotiating something both parties want to maximize
- How to provide better responses to questions about pricing in RFPs and develop effective pricing proposals for new business opportunities.
- How and why agencies should politely disrupt the buying process by challenging the client's focus on cost and showing why it's in their best interest to buy outputs and outcomes instead of inputs.
It’s time to level the playing field when it comes to dealing with professional buyers. If we’ll just step up to the plate, and we’ll get better and better with practice.
FOUNDER, THE BENCH
INSIGHTS MANAGER, GLOBALWEBINDEX
Virna is the Strategic Insights Manager for the Americas at GlobalWebIndex. Working across both the Trends and Insights teams, she uses GlobalWebIndex data to help clients with strategic business goals and decisions. Additionally, she contributes to GlobalWebIndex reports, infographics, thought leadership, blog series, press interviews, and podcasts. Her interests include consumer psychology, gender representation in media, and the relationship between society and technology.
Lunch will be served at Group Therapy
An Interview with Mark Johnson, Playing for Change by Doug Zanger, senior editor at Adweek.
VP GLOBAL BUSINESS SOLUTIONS, TIK TOK
U.S. VENUES CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER
AWARDS DINNER AT THE CONTEMPORARY AUSTIN
6:30 pm - 11:00 pm
The Worldwide Partners Impact Awards, presented by Getty Images, is a global competition designed to recognize creativity and effectiveness of WPI Partner campaigns.
We will be announcing & celebrating our Impact awards winners & perfect partner award winners with dinner and live music on the rooftop of The Contemporary Museum in Austin.
We will meet in the lobby of the hotel at 6:10 pm to walk a few blocks to venue. Walking directions are below for those of you who wish to make your own way there.